Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training
|Ashtanga Yoga with Chuck Miller||100 hr||6-20 April|
This is a comprehensive training designed in accordance with the requirements for registration with Yoga Alliance USA. The training may be taken as a stand-alone training, or as part of True Yoga’s 300/500hrs teacher training program. It is open to all levels of practitioners, especially those seeking to refine their yoga practice or wanting to teach Ashtanga Yoga. No pre-requisite is required. A keen and sincere interest to learn is key.
Each morning session will begin with “The Practice.” Starting at the Beginning, which is also the end, this will be a gradual evolution into the deeper aspects of the Traditional Ashtanga Yoga Method. Honouring the essential truths of the practice, such as Vinyasa, SamaSthitihi, TrishStana, as well as the Philosophical foundations of the method, students will understand that practice and philosophy are not-separate and they each inform the other to make a complete whole method. “One hand washes the other!” We use the philosophy to help us practice correctly and we use the practice to understand the philosophy!
The afternoon session will be workshop style, or a clinic, in which there will be time and space to explore in greater detail the aspects of the practice observed during the morning session.
- Universal Alignment Principals Inherent in, Existing in, the Method as it is.
- How Philosophy of Yoga and of Ashtanga Yoga can help us practice better!
- Using the focus on Breath Roots Core to anchor our explorations in yogic wisdom.
- Basic understanding of all the variety of yoga asana types, Forward Bends, Back Bends, Inversions, Twists, Standing Poses…
- Hands-on adjustments to better understand Universal Alignment from a Samasthitihi perspective!
- Sama Vrtti Ujjayi Prana Ayama! How to practice pranayama, and how it informs our asana practice!
- Sama as the Architype, the target of all of our practice. The One thing that guides us in everything else!
- Common Injuries. How to avoid them, and how to work with them, use them as teachings, if they happen.
- Questions and Discussions (about any and all concerns Regarding this practice!)
|Daily Schedule||Mon – Sun|
|10 am - 12 pm||Ashtanga Vinyasa Practice|
|12 pm – 12.30 pm||Short Break|
|12.30 pm - 4:30 pm||Theory, Adjustments & Practicum|
|Evening Study||Homework and reading assignments|
*Intermittent small breaks will be given throughout the day.
The CertificationStudents who complete 100% attendance and all homework assignments will be awarded the 100 hours Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training certificate awarded by Chuck Miller and True Yoga.
|Early Bird Price (before 6 January)||S$1995|
|Normal Price (7 January onwards)||S$2295|
*Interest-free credit card installment plans available
*Graduates of True Yoga’s 200hrs TT are entitled to 10% discount
|Before 6 March||Full refund after less $100 admin fee|
|7 – 20 March||50% refund|
|21 March onwards||No refund|
True Yoga (Raffles Place) All bookings & enquiries
10 Collyer Quay (phone) : +(65) 6536 3390
Level 4 Ocean Financial Centre (fax) : +(65) 6536 1600
Singapore 049315 (email) : firstname.lastname@example.org