Pranayama: The Art of Breathing Workshop with Valerie Faneco
Date: 23 – 24 April 2016
Venue: True Yoga, Pacific Plaza, Studio C, SINGAPORE
Pranayama: The Art of Breathing
A two-day workshop with Valerie Faneco
The fourth part or “limb” in Patanjali’s classical yoga system, pranayama is a vast discipline that enables yoga practitioners to access the deep layer of energy within the self. Ancient yogis have described a number of techniques, but not all of them should be practiced by everyone at all times. This workshop will provide a solid introduction to this broad topic.
- Presentation of pranayama in some ancient texts (Yoga-Sutra, Hatha-Yoga-Pradipika).
- Overview of the respiratory system from the Western perspective.
- Overview of the “yogic breath”: working with the energy, from Yoga’s perspective.
- The four components of breathing and how to work with them.
- The proper technique of nostril control.
Day 1: SGD$192.60 (inclusive of GST)
Day 1 & 2: SGD$385.20 (inclusive of GST)
Note: Day 1 is the foundation for Day 2.
* True Yoga reserves the right to cancel the event due to unforeseen circumstances.
True Yoga (Pacific Plaza)
9 Scotts Road
Level 4 Pacific Plaza
For all bookings & enquiries:
Phone: +(65) 6733 9555
Fax: +(65) 6836 9115